PCC / News / September 12, 2013

Six students win Oregon NASA Space Grant scholarships

Story by

Six PCC students earned 2013-14 Oregon NASA Space Grant Scholarships. From a pool of more than 100 applicants, eight community college students earned awards statewide – most being from PCC. Each student will get an award of $4,000 each for the school year. The consortium also gave out scholarships to university students.

The Oregon Space Grant Consortium, a part of the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, is a statewide network of universities, colleges, museums, educators, researchers, students and science professionals. Their charge is to promote STEM education through cooperative and interdisciplinary programs while recruiting and training NASA’s next diverse workforce. To learn more about OSGC’s mission, history, staff, and member institutions, go to its website.

The PCC winners are:

• Nicholas Calstrom – Sylvania.
  • Sarah Flake – Sylvania.
  • Amanda Yocum – Rock Creek.
  • Angela Freda – Rock Creek.
  • Moira Gion – Cascade.
  • Teandre West – Cascade.

About The Author: James Hill

Comments

Sorry, but the comments have been closed. If you see a comment that doesn't belong please click the "x" and report it.

x by sandra bailey 1 year ago

How can I win the space grant? I am going into Astronomy

x by James Hill 1 year ago

You can email Toby Dittrich at tdittric@pcc.edu for details on the space grants.

x by Tanya Miller 1 year ago

I would be so stoked to win a space grant,very happy for the students whom win.That is amazing.When i was a gradeschooler my dream was to become an astronaught.In school wew got to go as a group to watch the ones who went up into space.It was so awsome.

x by Nicholas Carlstrom 1 year ago

Thanks to all for promoting the OSGC Scholarship and for highlighting the success of this years students. If other students are interested in applying next year I would be happy to assist and help answer questions. Happy Studies :)

x by Rose Schreiber 1 year ago

Nicholas, I am interesting in applying for next year, and wondered what it entailed. I am hoping to transfer to OSU by then, and would like any help you can give me on the subject. Feel free to email me at rose.schreiber@pcc.edu.
Thanks and Congratulations!
Rose

x by Monique Soiseth 1 year ago

Yes, congrats to all! Thank you for this bit of news and for the contact James, how awesome and inspiring for PCC! There was another PCC student too who won some kind of OSGC scholarship this year.
Nick, I’d also like to get in touch with you: monique.soiseth@pcc.edu

x by banita 1 year ago

i am intersted in winning a grants tell me how does it work

x by Nicholas Carlstrom 1 year ago

Busy first week of the Fall term but I’ll try to respond in more depth asap. feel free to email me: nick.carlstrom@pcc.edu