Portland Community College’s Rock Creek Campus is hosting the annual Harvest Festival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 19 at the campus, 17705 N.W. Springville Road. This fall harvest celebration will have free pumpkins, face painting, a petting zoo, hay rides, music and a theater production. The public is invited to this family event that attracts more than 1,000 people from the community every year.
- Hay rides.
- Petting Zoo facilitated by Veterinary Tech Students.
- Music by the Fanno Creek Boys.
- “The Procrastinating Goat” production in The Forum at 2 p.m.
- Scavenger hunt in the Learning Garden.
- Face painting.
- Card making.
- Ceramic demonstration.
- Artist Mark Diamond will design jack-o-lanterns with modeling clay.
- Raffles and more.
A donation of $5 per family is requested and free raffle tickets come with donated canned goods. Free parking is available in the Event Center parking lot behind Building 9. The hay rides that loop around the campus will run all day and will be staged between buildings 2 and 5. Garden events will take place in the Learning Garden and all other activities will take place in Building 3 in the inside mall and in the courtyard.