Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.

Super-charged White Zombie gives students alternative fuel for thought

Photos and Story by

Automotive Service Technology students got up close and personal with technology of the present and future at an event in October. The Alternative Fuel Vehicle Day Odyssey, which is part of a national campaign, at the Automotive & Metals Building at Sylvania Campus celebrated the use of alternative fuel vehicles that improve the environment and help lessen dependence on fossil fuels. Even the “White Zombie,” a souped-up electric 1972 Datsun, made an appearance. Check out the video above for more on the ‘Zombie.’ Also on show were the Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Prius, Volkswagen diesel cars, BMW I3 and diesel versions, Teslas, electric bicycles, compressed natural gas vehicles, and more. More on the event is in the below video.

About James Hill

Poppe with speech bubble

Comments

Sorry, but the comments have been closed. If you see something that doesn't belong, please click the x and report it.

x by Christy Stauffer 2 years ago

I really wish PCC had electric car charging stations for these cool vehicles. My Nissan Leaf is feeling left out!

x by Jeff Campbell 2 years ago

I agree with Christy!!! I was very surprised to find that none of the PCC campuses have an electric vehicle charging station, all of them should have at least one!

x by barbara nelson 2 years ago

Rock Creek has 3 charging stations in the back parking lot.

x by James Hill 2 years ago

Hello folks, Cascade’s garage has two charging stations, Sylvania and the rest of the college will have additional stations soon. By summer of 2015 PCC plans to have at least 1-2 charging stations for electric cars at each PCC campus. If you have further questions, I encourage you to contact the Parking and Transportation Office at parking@pcc.edu.

x by peter 2 years ago

I totally agree to the first comment. I’m an owner of a nissan leaf as well and I travel to PCC from gresham to tigerd. I really need a place to plug in.

x by Sean 2 years ago

so drive a gas car

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address to follow PCC News and recieve notifications of new posts by email.

What's Hot?