Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
With new Gateway Kaiser open, PCC Southeast demolishes old Division Street clinic
Photos and Story by Katherine Miller
March 3, 2015
By Katherine Miller
Just when the Southeast Campus community thought the dust was starting to settle, a bulldozer showed up and began demolishing the old Kaiser Permanente clinic, at Southeast Division Street and 77th Avenue. Although the college had hoped to renovate the more-than-40-year-old facility, once on site it became apparent that renovations would not be economically feasible. So down it came. After the building has been cleared, the site will be landscaped. No trees will be removed, and no new construction is planned for the foreseeable future.
To complete this work, the college closed the adjacent parking lot on Jan. 26 to provide a staging area for demolition and construction work. In addition to the landscaping, the parking lot is being improved with better lighting and storm water drainage, code blue emergency phone and restriping. All of the work is expected to be complete by end of April or early May 2015.
In the meantime, Kaiser Permanente members are using the new clinic located in the Gateway area at 1700 N.E. 102nd Ave.
PCC’s 2008 voter-approved $374 million bond program is increasing opportunities for residents to access quality, affordable higher education close to where they live and work. Additional classrooms, updated equipment and technology, and advanced workforce training programs are helping to pave the way for future employment options. For more information, visit www.pcc.edu/about/bond/about.