Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
PCC scores 14 League of Innovation excellence award winners
Photos and Story by Celina Baguiao
In front of 40 guests in the North View Gallery on the Sylvania Campus, PCC Interim President Sylvia Kelley honored the recipients and gave them time to talk about what innovation means to them. Gathered guests included deans, staff, family and friends.
The League for Innovation in the Community College is an international non-profit organization dedicated to energizing the community college movement. Founded in 1968, they foster and celebrate community college innovation and experimentation that lead to student and institutional success.
John E. and Suanne D. Roueche, leaders in the community college field and early proponents of the idea that teachers have major responsibility for how well students perform in the classroom, have been partners and friends of the League for Innovation in the Community College for more than 35 years.
In recognition of their long tradition of excellence in community college teaching and leadership, the League established the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards in 2012. PCC’s recipients were also recognized in March at the League’s Innovation’s national conference in Chicago.
Below is a list of PCC’s 14 awardees:
- Rhonda Boyd, project director for Title III.
- Kathy Carrigan, chemistry instructor, Cascade Campus.
- Dorina Cornea-Hasegan, microelectronics instructor, Rock Creek Campus.
- Angelina Davis, counselor, Southeast Campus.
- Ken Friedrich, chemistry instructor, Cascade Campus.
- Dolores Galindo, Veterinary Technology Program instructional support technician, Rock Creek Campus.
- Blake Hausman, reading and writing instructor, Southeast Campus.
- Jen Klaudinyi, librarian, Sylvania Campus.
- Libardo Mitchell, Spanish instructor, Sylvania Campus.
- Carla Moentenich, Biotechnology Program instructional support technician, Rock Creek Campus.
- Karen Paez, division dean for Student Support Services, Sylvania Campus.
- Rebecca Robinson, management and supervisory development instructor, Southeast Campus.
- Skyler Stearns, trade extension instructor, Cascade Campus.
- Christine Weber, visual arts instructor, Sylvania Campus.