Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

New graduates whoop it up at the 2016 PCC commencement ceremony

Photos and Story by | 11 comments

graduation31Oh, what a feeling!

On Friday, June 10, a blue sea of graduates converged on Portland’s “Glass Palace” with diplomas in hand and hopes on the minds. It was Portland Community College’s 54th commencement ceremony and more than 5,400 degrees, certificates and awards were handed out, and about 900 students walked in front of thousands of friends, family and community members.

The program was festive and celebratory. It featured Rock Creek President Sandra Fowler-Hill as master of ceremonies with PCC Board Chair Deanna Palm and PCC Interim President Sylvia Kelley providing remarks. An inspiring rendition of the national anthem was performed by graduating student Colleen Kelly. And, Blake Hausman, who teaches composition, literature and creative writing at the Southeast Campus, served as the faculty speaker, while Paula Heine got the crowd energized with her story as student speaker.

View the entire ceremony on PCC’s Youtube channel.

Below are photos from the night’s festivities in case you missed them all. Click on any picture to scroll through entire gallery!

• graduation26
  • graduation28
  • graduationCover
  • graduation24
  • graduation11

About James Hill

Poppe with speech bubble

Comments

There are 11 comment for this article. If you see something that doesn't belong, please click the x and report it.

x by Anthony Dejesus 5 months ago

How will we be able to access the photos that were taken at graduation? the professional ones with the diplomas?

x by James Hill 5 months ago

Anthony, you can email records@pcc.edu to check on that.

x by Zahraa Beni Zuraik 5 months ago

I am sad because there is no picture of me. I also wondering where can I find our professional pics so I can purchase them .

x by Steven Chennault 5 months ago

I also have been trying to find out how to order pictures. There has been no information given out about this.

x by michelle Turpin 5 months ago

I would like to get a copy of me receiving my degree. Where do I go ,who do I contact, who do I call, text, E-mail ???

x by michelle Turpin 5 months ago

Ok it is now June 24,2016 I would like to know who to contact to get my personal pic. from Grad..

x by Destiny Tolbert 5 months ago

I wish I had some pictures too! And where are our diplomas and certificates?

x by Ashli Harmon 5 months ago

Like the other post I would like to purchase professional pictures. PCC staff please give us an update or some information. It would be greatly appreciated.

x by Mandy Stutzman 5 months ago

I emailed records more than a week ago and I have received no answer. This is frustrating. I will be going to the campus later today. Hopefully I can find out something there. If I do I will pass the information on.

x by Mandy Stutzman 5 months ago

Ok Everyone, I got it!!! Go to google and type in lifetouch commencement photos 2016. Then you can find your name.

x by Sabrina Barrett 5 months ago

Click the link below to get to the site that has our graduation pictures. If you are looking for you own personal photos, then use the top drop down and find your name! :)

Add to the discussion

PCC offers this limited open forum as an extension of the respectful, well-reasoned discourse we expect in our classroom discussions. As such, we welcome all viewpoints, but monitor comments to be sure they stick to the topic and contribute to the conversation. We will remove them if they contain or link to abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, off-topic items, or spam. This is the same behavior we require in our hallways and classrooms. Our online spaces are no different.

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address to follow PCC News and recieve notifications of new posts by email.

What's Hot?