Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
Build the future. Be an engineer.
Photos and Story by James Hill
High-paying jobs and great student support make this major a smart choice.
We’re surrounded by the work of engineers, who use mathematics, the natural sciences and engineering fundamentals to solve technical problems in our modern world. Portland Community College offers a variety of engineering programs to get you started in fast-paced, rewarding careers:
- University Transfer Program
- At PCC you can complete the first two years of engineering course work, then transfer your credits to PSU, OSU, the University of Portland and other universities to earn a bachelor’s degree. We offer transfer programs in civil, mechanical, electrical, computer, chemical, environmental and industrial engineering.
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Associate of Applied Science Degree and One-year Certificate. Civil engineering technicians help engineers plan, design and construct buildings, bridges, dams, transportation systems, environmental protection systems and more.
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Associate of Applied Science Degree and One-year Certificate. Electronic engineering technicians help engineers design, construct and test electronic circuits. They are employed in semiconductor, computer, aerospace and other industries.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Associate of Applied Science Degree and One-year Certificate. Mechanical engineering technicians help engineers plan, design, manufacture or inspect machines and machine tools, heating and air conditioning systems, quality control systems for manufacturing, buildings, gas and liquid supply facilities and much more.
For more information call 503-977-4159.