Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
Sylvania Campus to host bond info session
Photos and Story by Kate Chester
Interested in learning about bond-funded improvements slated for the Sylvania Campus of Portland Community College? If so, consider attending an information session. Set for 4 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 27, in the Cedar Room of the CC Building, Sylvania Campus. The session will be led by GBD Architects and members of the college’s bond team and Sylvania’s administrative team.
Research surrounding the campus’ renovation needs, coupled with the passage of PCC’s bond measure in November 2008, have enabled planners to assemble a long-term construction program for the campus. This month’s information session will address approximate construction timelines, as well as the renovation impact to several Sylvania buildings and campus to:
- Add and renovate workforce training, instructional facilities
- Renovate and modernize student services areas
- Upgrade classrooms and office space
- Add a child development center
- Initiate health and safety upgrades to buildings and campus
- Implement the first phase of the “Road to NetZero – the E6 Plan”
- Improve safety and evacuation needs as part of campus road construction
Join the discussion about Sylvania’s bond planning and renovation – estimated as a five-year project. It’s a chance to ask questions, listen to plans and engage in conversation. Appetizers and refreshments will be provided; free and open to the public.
To R.S.V.P., contact Kate Chester, Community Relations Manager, at (971) 722-8233 or e-mail her at email@example.com.