Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
German American Society building will be new home for Community Education Program at Southeast
Photos and Story by Gina Whitehill-Baziuk
As of June 2011, PCC has officially taken possession of the 1911 German American Society site, one of the Southeast Portland’s most beautiful historic properties near SE 82nd Avenue. The College purchased the site in 2010 to support its plans to expand PCC’s Southeast Center.
After considerable discussion and input from Southeast students, staff and faculty, PCC has decided to restore and renovate the main building for the Community Education Program and Campus Administration.
Throughout spring and early summer 2011, the PCC Southeast community has been envisioning the possibilities for the historic site. Even now, students, faculty and staff are taking full advantage of the park-like venue and old growth trees as a place to gather and retreat to between classes.
The Bond Team will continue working closely with the campus and neighboring communities to discuss improvement options for SE 80th Avenue and further identify program elements and locations as they prepare to submit campus planning documents to the City of Portland later this year.