Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.

Southeast Center Administration offices take root in rehabilitated iconic neighborhood building

Photos and Story by

August 7, 2014
Written by Amy Mintonye

Completed just last month, the Southeast Center‘s new Administration Hall is now up and running.

Purchased in 2010 with funds from the bond measure, Southeast Administration Hall was known as the 1911 Building and home to the Altenheim, a retirement home for the German community. After the Altenheim’s closure, the building was home to the offices of the German American Society until the property was sold to PCC.

_MG_4158

The Southeast Administration Building’s entrance featuring its restored grand staircase and new landscaping.

One of outer southeast Portland’s oldest structures, the 1911 Building received much-needed updates to its electrical, heating, plumbing and insulation, and now meets today’s seismic standards. The grand staircase at the main entrance was restored to its original condition after being removed in the 1950s. A new elevator now makes the four-floor structure ADA accessible. The sizable lawn between Administration Hall and the new Library building has been landscaped, the grass growing greener by the day.

_MG_4143

Southeast Center’s administration offices are now located in one central location, improving communication and efficiency.

In addition to housing the Southeast Center’s administration offices, the building is now also home to the Community Education Program and two new multipurpose classrooms.

A section of the older complex was preserved as it contained a ballroom-like hall from an earlier addition to the original 1911 Building structure. The newly dubbed “Community Hall Annex” has become a vital and useful addition to the college, campus and community.

Administration Hall is the latest project completed in Southeast Center’s bond-funded expansion. The building’s renovation and the construction of Southeast Center’s brand new Student Commons and Library buildings have nearly doubled the size of the campus, making it an exciting time for the PCC community.

PCC’S 2008 voter-approved $374 million bond program is increasing opportunities for residents to access quality, affordable higher education close to where they live and work. Additional classrooms, updated equipment and technology, and advanced workforce training programs are helping to pave the way for future employment options. For more information, visit www.pcc.edu/about/bond/about

Follow

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address to follow PCC News and recieve notifications of new posts by email.

What's Hot?

Archives

Search PCC News