Post-Election Support and Conversation Groups
Photos and Story by Becky Olson
The recent presidential election has sparked a variety of reactions and emotions across our campuses. The following is a summary of upcoming events and opportunities designed to help PCC students and staff find community and support, and deepen their understanding of recent events.
Friday, November 18
- Webinar: Campus Climate in the Post-Election Era, 11-12 p.m. This free webinar will be shown at the following campus TLCs: Sylvania (CC216), Rock Creek (7/117), Cascade (CH 102). You can also register here to watch this webinar from home.
Monday, November 21
- “Thinking Together” session. Students are invited to join with college administrators and staff to think together about what a college culture of openness and inclusion could look like. Dr. James Perez, Interim District VP of Student Affairs, will co-facilitate this meeting with Dr. Kim Baker-Flowers, our Chief Diversity Officer and Dr. Traci Fordham, our Chief of Staff.
- When: Monday, November 21st
- Where: PCC SE Campus – Community Hall
- Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- The Sylvania Counseling Center – located in the College Center (CC 210) / 971-722-4537 – has crisis drop-in hours Monday through Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:40pm, and Friday from 1:00pm to 2:40pm (*please note that the college is closed this Friday, 11/11/16 for Veteran’s Day).
- Students may also check in at the Sylvania Counseling Center’s front desk to ask about using the “Zen” or “Calm” room during Counseling Center hours (Monday–Thursday: 9:00am-6:00pm and Friday: 9:00am-4:00pm). This room is available to students who are waiting for crisis counseling or for students who are in need of a quiet space for emotional grounding.
- The PCC Southeast Multicultural Center is offering support sessions to students and staff in the following days and weeks by appointment. Appointments can be scheduled by email.
This list will be updated throughout the day. If you know of an event or group that you would like added to this page, please email Becky Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: November 16, 2016, 10:00 p.m.