Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
Biz Journal hosts Smart Reader seminar to help folks grow their business
Photos and Story by James Hill
The collective professional acumen of the Portland Business Journal will be at your disposal during an upcoming Smart Reader seminar at Portland Community College’s Cascade Campus. The free event – set for 3:30-5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 21, in the campus’ Terrell Hall Room 112, 705 N. Killingsworth St. – will show you how to utilize the Business Journal as a complete business tool, whether you’re looking for work, starting a business, growing an existing business, or networking with other professionals.
You will learn to identify the decision makers that can help you grow your business, industry trends that affect the economic growth in our area, ways to take your current relationships to the next level and secrets that will assist you in being ahead of the competition at networking events.
Topics to be covered include:
· Techniques on how to find what you need from the Portland Business Journal in less than 30 minutes a week.
· Business information to help you achieve your professional goals.
· How to identify the decision makers within various sections of the paper.
· Specific actions you can take to warm up cold leads and create new connections.
· How to use this information to support your networking efforts.
· How to make your current personal connections even stronger from information in every issue.
The seminar is co-sponsored by the Portland Business Journal and the Cascade Campus Career Services Office. Admission is free, but pre-registration is required; to register, visit http://portland.bizjournals.com/portland/event/9891 or call 503-219-3405.