Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
Meet the two candidates for the next president of the SE/Extended Learning Campus
Photos and Story by Gina Whitehill-Baziuk
Come meet and talk to the two candidates for consideration as the next president of the Southeast/Extended Learning Campus this week – May 23 and May 24.
The next president of the Southeast/Extended Learning Campus will oversee nearly $39 million in bond construction planned for the Southeast Center, transforming it into a full-service, comprehensive campus for more than 20,000 students in the heart of an emerging commercial corridor and urban renewal district.
Couple that investment with the doubling of student enrollment, academic programming and workforce development at all of the Extended Learning Campus sites, it becomes apparent that this next president will have an enduring influence on the PCC community and the broader community across the district.
As the new face for the Southeast Center and Extended Learning Campus, this person will represent the college with the business community, neighborhood associations, organizational and jurisdictional partners, elected officials and the City of Portland. PCC values the opinions and insights of our students, faculty and staff, and of our community stakeholders across the district; therefore, we encourage people to join us at these upcoming events to get acquainted with the two candidates and share your perspectives.
The two candidates:
Jessica Howard is currently Vice President of Academic Affairs for San Antonio College in San Antonio, Texas. Jessica is a graduate of Rice University (BA, English; Bachelor of Music and Master of Music) and New York University (PhD, Performance Studies).
- Come meet Jessica at a forum hosted at Southeast Center’s Great Hall, 1:00-1:45 pm, on Wednesday, May 23.
- Get acquainted with Jessica at a forum at the PCC CLIMB Center, 2:30 -3:15 pm, Room 102, on Wednesday, May 23.
- Join us for an informal reception with Jessica at the CLIMB Center, Second Floor Lobby, at 4 pm, on Wednesday, May23.
John Means is currently Associate Chancellor, Economic and Workforce Development, for Kerns Community College District in Bakersfield, California. John is a graduate of Taft College (AA, Liberal Arts), California State University, Long Beach (BA, Sociology), and California State University, Bakersfield (MA, Clinical Psychology).
- Come meet John at a forum hosted at Southeast Center’s Great Hall, 1:00 – 1:45 pm, on Thursday, May 24.
- Get acquainted with John at a forum at the PCC CLIMB Center, 2:30 -3:15 pm, Room 102, on Thursday, May 24.
- Join us for an informal reception with John at the CLIMB Center, Second Floor Lobby, at 4 pm, on Thursday, May24.